Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Beginning.

     This blog is for anyone who loves make-up, or has no idea what to do with it. Anyone who has stared at an eyelash curler and winced internally. Anyone who has ever nearly poked out an eye trying to apply eyeliner. Anyone who has spent hours and hours looking for the perfect shade of lipstick. I want to help you.

     I was recently offered a job at Ulta (which, for those of you who may not know, is a cosmetics store that carries both drugstore and high end make-up. They also have skin care, fragrance, a salon, personal care items such as blow dryers, flat irons, etc- in my mind, it's everything anyone needs to feel beautiful) as a make-up artist in the prestige department. Prestige is the higher end make-up and skin care such as Stila, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Bare Escentuals, Murad, and the like. I literally get to spend my work day playing with make-up. It's fantastic.

     Every day I get to learn new things. Whether it be application techniques, learning about the newest products, newest ingredients, it's all in a days work. And like I said before, it's probably the greatest situation I could have ever landed in.

     So with all this said, I started this blog to help those who want to learn (want to learn how to do a smoky eye? Lean what the best skincare is for your face? Which eyeliner will last the longest without melting down your face?). I will do product reviews, tutorials, anything you want. By helping you, I am helping myself to be a better artist and to be more knowledgeable.

     So go ahead, ask me anything.

"That's why I began doing makeup in the first place: I was hoping that through helping people see the beauty in themselves, I could try and find it in me."
-Kevyn Aucoin

No comments:

Post a Comment